Blanco

Blanco
our hero

Wednesday 16 January 2013

All Things Orange

Another wonderful morning with Dermot & Mary Hughes, better known as Forage Ireland, at the Mossley Mill Museum at a Marmalade Workshop. Chuck said that every time I mentioned this over the past week or so he was imagining Tangerine Trees & Marmalade Skies over Newtownabbey, we do like a bit of The Beatles here.






 In addition to marmalade, homemade Citrus Peel was also created and in true Blue Peter fashion some had been prepared earlier - so different to the stuff you buy at the supermarket, full of flavour, juicy and not so sweet. I'm just imagining what homemade mincemeat made with your own citrus peel would be like - I imagine it would transform most of your Christmas baking. And just as with marmalade any citrus fruit peel can be used.



The aroma was amazing! 
I have bought my Seville Oranges & will be making 2 batches - Dark Thick Cut and a Golden Fine Shred.


2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! Can almost smell it here!! :) Cx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would nearly convert a non-marmaladette! Very much looking forward to my next Forage.

    ReplyDelete

My reading list

  • One Shot by Lee Childs
  • The Girl who kicked the Hornet's Nest by Steig Larsson
  • The Children's Book by AS Byatt
  • The Girl who played with Fire by Steig Larsson
  • Nation by Terry Pratchett
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Steig Larsson
  • No!I Don't want to join a Book Club by Victoria Ironside
  • The Bookseller of Kabul by Asne Seierstad
  • Brooklyn by Colm Toibin