Blanco

Blanco
our hero

Sunday 2 December 2012

Land of Hope and Gravy

So the first Sunday of Advent and I am Prepared. Yesterday was our 4th Preparing for Advent and as ever it has given me what I need to face the coming month with a renewed vigour and excitement.




Scented Pear Pin Cushions, Painted Glass Tea Light Jars, Herman Cakes, Soups, Breads, Cheeses and Chutneys in the company of some lovely ladies and the inspirational words of Mags - and now I have HOPE.



Last Sunday was Stir-up Sunday, traditionally the day to make your Christmas Pudding. I like to think of today as Gravy Sunday - the day I make my Jamie Oliver 'Get Ahead Gravy' ready for Christmas Day. Just over a litre of tasty golden goodness is now tucked away in the freezer - one more thing ticked off the List.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My reading list

  • One Shot by Lee Childs
  • The Girl who kicked the Hornet's Nest by Steig Larsson
  • The Children's Book by AS Byatt
  • The Girl who played with Fire by Steig Larsson
  • Nation by Terry Pratchett
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Steig Larsson
  • No!I Don't want to join a Book Club by Victoria Ironside
  • The Bookseller of Kabul by Asne Seierstad
  • Brooklyn by Colm Toibin